Satellite Industry Day – Part III
Understanding the impact of next-generation satellite technologies
Technological advances in the satellite industry have enabled high to very-high-throughput satellites in GEO, MEO and LEO orbits. New satellite constellations pave the way for reliable high-speed data and internet communications in previously unserved areas and for mobile applications.
With software-defined payloads, satellite operators and also end users can reconfigure footprint coverage and bandwidth allocations even when the satellites are already in orbit. This makes it possible to react to new operational requirements flexibly, helping to reduce costs.
Technological innovations open up new possibilities and also bring with them new challenges, which we want to address with you and our panel of experts at our third Satellite Industry Day.
VHTS and digital ground – WORK Microwave
Jörg Rockstroh will present insights into digital ground segment infrastructures for satcom and spacecom, in particular concerning the link between RF signals and the digital domain. It will help system integrators and operators understand how to best migrate from an analog to a digital teleport infrastructure.
The presentation will also examine some important design aspects, for example weighing bandwidth versus dynamic range and noise floor for optimizing the performance of A/D- and D/A converters. Furthermore, it will explain why a digital IF gives engineers a much greater design freedom, in particular when it comes to wideband circuits for Ka and V band.
Join the Rohde&Schwarz event and find out:
- How to deploy digital ground segment infrastructures for very high throughput satellites.
- How to enable antenna terminal testing for NewSpace.
- How satellite in-orbit testing has evolved in response to flexible high-throughput digital payloads.
- How in-orbit reprogrammable satellites can set a new standard in flexibility and address markets that are highly changeable and mobile.
- How the benefits of each orbit can be leveraged and how to orchestrate multi-orbit satellite communications with view to 5G/6G networks.
- How regenerative satellites with on-board processing functions transmit highspeed data via inter-satellite links.